Wednesday, September 8, 2010

New places and new faces...

Monday was my first day at my new job. I'm working as an Instructional Technologist at DU in GR. Although it takes time to adjust to a new place and new faces, I think I'm going to like it. The culture here seems more business-like, than it did at my last position, but I'm not surprised since one of DU's strengths is its focus on educating students for careers in business, information management, and health professions.

One of my responsibilities will be to educate and encourage faculty in the use of technology to better engage students and enhance learning. Although challenging, this is an area I am excited about and look forward to being involved with.

Today I've attended a Wimba session on Blackboard 9 at the DU Connect '10 online conference. Later tonight I hope to attend a couple more sessions, along with attending sessions tomorrow. Not only does this introduce me to some of the faculty members and online team members, it also gives me an idea of how things are done here at DU.

I'm hoping to be able to update this blog more regularly in the upcoming weeks and months and begin sharing some useful ideas and tools.

Thanks for listening!

No comments:

Post a Comment